02/21/17 Local Pond report

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by erickso1, Feb 21, 2017.

1. erickso1

erickso1 Well-Known Member

I had the boys on my own yesterday, so we went and hit up the local pond after the rain had passed and before pizza lunch. The bluegills and bass have been spoiled by the local population that comes to feed the ducks bread. For the most part the bluegill turned their noses up at their old favorite, corn, and instead feasted on bread. Realizing this I threw a little kolache bread on the # 8 circle hook. Threw it out and almost immediately the bobber disappeared the drag started singing. It was my youngest turn to reel in fish so I passed it over. A little bit later this pretty bass came out of the pond. The circle hook was barely hooked in the top of it's mouth. Seeing the patten, and being short of bread lures, I threw a chunk of bread on a #3 EWG. Bout 2 seconds later it disappears and the drag starts signing again. It was my oldests turn and he tusseled with this pretty, big and very full of eggs female. We released here safe and sound and swore off the bass since they were getting ready to spawn. The kids had a blast and going to "the fishing pond" is all the 2 yo wants to do now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pop N Cork likes this.
  2. HarleyRockstar

HarleyRockstar Well-Known Member

Man, those are some nice bass!

3. MRuss

MRuss Member

you gotta love that smile