2016 TTZ Championship 10/15 and 10/16

Discussion in 'Tournament Dates & Information' started by Texas Tournament Zone, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Texas Tournament Zone

Texas Tournament Zone Staff

[​IMG]

The 2016 TTZ Championship with be on October the 15th and 16th. Friday October the 14th will be the official practice day. More information to follow, please stay tuned and thank you for fishing with TTZ.

AndrewO and Craig C like this.
  2. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

Please not LBJ!

John T Mc likes this.
  3. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

Ray Roberts perhaps?? :D

4. Brandon Feltner

Brandon Feltner Well-Known Member

5. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting this out so timely!! I almost scheduled something big right around that weekend, but now that I know the dates I can my calendar clear.

John D. Ward likes this.
  6. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    2 Day Championship on Falcon. Ohhhh myyyyyyyy!

jsmith likes this.
  7. Chris Baker

Richland Chambers would be a lot of fun in the fall! Butt I'll bet it's kept local. I think Buch is the one with the most potential. It has been off the map for a good while and it is killer in the fall. As for local lakes I think it levels the playing field. Buchanan is going to be the hottest lake in our area this year.

8. AndrewO

I think I saw somewhere that TTZ said it would be on a local area lake or lakes, which is totally fine by me. Makes it easier to practice.

9. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Two day championship on Travis in October... Yes please.

Chris Baker and Chris Coufal like this.
  10. Chris Coufal

Chris Coufal Well-Known Member

Anywhere other than LBJ is great!

John T Mc and Chris Baker like this.
  11. bDick

bDick Well-Known Member

Local levels the playing field? I would think the opposite with a destination lake that nobody knows..

12. Chris Baker

I also meant as far as expenses some people can't afford to travel.

bDick likes this.
  13. bDick

bDick Well-Known Member

makes more sense now. lol

14. aggiegreg

aggiegreg Well-Known Member

Include me in the "NOT LBJ" camp.

Chris Coufal and John T Mc like this.
  15. Trey

Trey Well-Known Member

Day 1 Travis, Day 2 Austin. If y'all do that, I might just pay 4 entries so I can fly back and fish it.

16. pfhunter

pfhunter Member

Level the playing field Lake Sommerville 11,450 acres when was the last time a TTZ fisherman was on that lake

17. AndrewO

Personally, I want a lake for the Championship that is:

1. Close or at least decently close. Sure gas is cheap, but my time is precious. It is a lot easier for me to tell the wife I need to sneak out for a half or full day here or there to "get dialed in" or "learn the lake" or "figure out the fish" or whatever other line of bullshit I use to make it sound like I NEED to go fishing not that I WANT to go fishing. If I try and tell her that I need to spend several three and four day weekends driving to Toledo Bend to "practice" for the Championship, I will be shanked in the neck long before October 15th rolls around. It is just the way life is right now for me with two young kids. Every once in awhile I am at home watching the kids by myself and they will flat wear you out after a day, so I get it when my wife gets those sad puppy dog eyes when she learns her reinforcements (me) are ditching her fto go fishing on the one or two days she might have a day off from watching the kids. Don't get me wrong, it is awesome being a father and spending time with my kids, but I only have about 20 minutes a day of playing make believe before my eyes glaze over and I am somewhere else in my mind. Four hours into pretending I am a pink dinosaur building a rainbow castle forest with a two year old and six year old is pretty much the breaking point before I go insane. I kind of got off track, but I guess what I am saying is that ideally we'd all like to get some practice in before the official practice and having a closer lake makes that a lot easier to do for most folks.

2. I want a lake where you are going to catch a lot of fish. I mean a bunch, and big ones too. I'm not that great of a fisherman and I need all the help I can get. I'd love it if we all catch a limit and if you aren't weighing in more than 15-18 pounds you are just there to see what goes down. Grinding it out on a lake hoping for five barely keepers just sucks.... and that isn't to say I won't do it on a good lake, but let's all play with a stacked deck.

3. I want a lake with options on how to catch fish. A lake that offers a couple of different patterns to catch fish will make it interesting and spread out the pressure. It lets the Chris Bakers of the world use their 3/16 oz. Spot Removers with a finesse worm in 35 feet of water to catch'um while the Pumas of the world are power fishing shallow cover and also catching some good fish.

4. I want a BIG lake. Love seeing all you fellas, but that doesn't mean I want us playing round robin on the same five spots on a lake. Small lakes or lakes that fish small are no bueno.

5. I want a lake with some amenities. This one is probably asking a bit much, unless we aren't fishing a close lake. Lately I have been breaking stuff... and forgetting stuff. Being in no man's land doesn't help when stuff gets broken or left at home. Also, if the lake has some sort of bad ass food on the water that is great too.

Fortunately, TTZ has a solid track record of doing their best to pick the lakes that offer the best chance of a good time with some good fishing for everyone participating in their tournaments. I am sure this year's Championship will be no different. Can't wait to hear what lake(s) we will be fishing!

18. pfhunter

pfhunter Member

19. John T Mc

John T Mc Well-Known Member

seriously! What he said!!!

20. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
    I was out on Travis yesterday, and it was kind of stupid. Twenty plus fish and lot's of good keepers. A good handful were slob bellies, really healthy fat fish. I've also been hearing some crazy good reports from Buchanan....like CRAZY good. Crap right now I have to keep my mind on Cayon, cause I've been hearing great reports from there as well. For the first time in a while we have choices in Central Texas.

PS Canyon is almost here, see yall there!