Belton Smallies 11/13

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by sholtAg79, Dec 2, 2015.

1. sholtAg79

sholtAg79 Member

Went with Ander to Belton. Wanted to fight smallies for once, and Ander did not disappoint. Water clarity was about 1' or less visability. Ander had us cranking rocks. Topwaters weren't really working prob due to water visibility. Smallies were hammering mid-diving cranks on rocks about 8-10' ft depth. Cranks and spinnerbaits were the ticket. Wind and sun picked up during the day and that helped a little more.

Caught a good bass champs bag between us. I loved it so much they way they fight, I went back a week later and caught 9 smallies and a few LMB with the tactics Ander showed me.

He made a video of some of the fish we caught.

Ander knows Belton pretty well and can get you on fish. Call him up and schedule a trip.

2. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
    Thanks for the share Stacy, looks like yall had some fun!

Oh and getting basschamps bags on Belton is pretty impressive. What is really impressive is if you can get some TTZ bags on Lake Belton! :)

Well I was going to put up a link from Basschamps Belton and then a link from the TTZ Belton tournament we had a week after them, but Champs doesn't have their 2015 results archived on their website yet.

Well you will just have to trust me, we had a smaller field at TTZ but what Puma and I caught would of won Champs and we weren't even in the money at TTZ. Our anglers crushed the hell out of Belton this year.

http://ttz1.com/uncategorized/ttz-trail-belton-complete-results-31915/

3. sholtAg79

sholtAg79 Member

Notice that's why I compared to Bass Champs. Prob if you look at Bass Champs results, the only ones who came in with bags are the TTZ guys, too!

4. Strictly Biznuss

Strictly Biznuss Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    If I remember right, Charles crushed it with like 22 lbs of bed fish in the TTZ tourney. Of course, I guess I could click your link to confirm that... Mmmm, yup, 21.88...

After my break from tournaments this year, I'm pretty hungry for one of those Happy Gilmore checks in 2016. Is it January 30th yet?

5. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    You really need more boat flips in your videos Holmes .

6. Strictly Biznuss

Strictly Biznuss Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Waylon, that is the best suggestion I've ever received. Consider it done. I'll begin collecting footage for a video of nothing but hooksets and boat flips. With guide clients though, I pretty much never let them boat flip because I'm always on that net pretty quick. 1) Most guys don't know how to properly boat flip a fish and will likely just bust my rods when they try to do it with 3 inches of line out, and 2) I don't like taking risks with clients' fish.

Expect to see a video chock full of hard hooksets and boat flips coming up in the near future though, Waylon. I'm all about that.

Chris Coufal and Waylon Papst like this.
  7. sholtAg79

sholtAg79 Member

or...close your eyes and count to 3 then open and pretend it was a great boat flip!
    Actually I think I flipped one (I snuck it in behind Ander and he didn't have time to net). But camera only got a few of the killer bites. No matter, the fun was in the fight, and those suckers pull HARD!