Dunlap 12/11

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Timberlake, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Timberlake

Timberlake Well-Known Member

Fished Dunlap yesterday morning from 6:30-12:30, pretty rough to say the least. Water temps ranged from 67-62 from what I saw, and the water has cleared up from this last flood a few days back. Still some floating debris (grass ,bark, cypress needles, garbage), but I didn't see anything that would hurt a hull or lower unit

Fished all of my favorite spots as there wasn't much traffic on the lake, and the action was slow with looooong gaps between bites . Cranked, flipped, threw a senko, dropshot, swimbait, spinnerbait, jig, beaver --nothing seemed to be the ticket.

Fished rocks, docks, dropoffs, sunken lawn chairs, retaining walls, brush piles you name it. Ended up w probably 12 fish, and only 4 keepers for about ten pounds. Not sure what has happened to old Dunny, but she is a shell of her former self. Hope the next cold front gets these fish in gear.

2. Trey

Trey Well-Known Member

The internet

Timberlake and AndrewO like this.
  3. bDick

bDick Well-Known Member

Lmao! The internet has killed plenty of places, but I'm chalking this ones death up to the big flood last November. Hasn't been the same since.

Toadchaser likes this.
  4. bDick

bDick Well-Known Member

Go pro and practice heroes also didn't help it by stuffing them all in the livewell, so they could get that non tournament best 5 glamour shot at the boat ramp.

Trey likes this.