Eddy Maynard

Discussion in 'TTZ Lounge' started by BrianB, Jan 9, 2018.

1. BrianB

BrianB Administrator

Home Page:
    As many of you may know, our friend and member of the TTZ family, Eddy Maynard recently lost his brave battle with cancer. For those interested in attending, his memorial gathering is Wednesday January 10th from 6pm to 8pm, and the service will be Thursday the 11th from 2 to 3pm. The location is Ramsey Funeral Home at 5600 Williams Drive; Georgetown, TX 78633. A link to Eddy's obituary:

http://www.ramseyfuneral.com/sitemaker/sites/Ramsey2/memsol.cgi?user_id=2057787

2. Brandon Feltner

Brandon Feltner Well-Known Member

I met Eddy back in '08 or '09 at the Georgetown tournaments when I first started fishing competitively. Even though I was 26, new, and not very good he always welcomed me and didn't treat me any different than anyone else. He was very kind, with a positive attitude that was contagious, never complained and damn could he fish! I watched him catch many "overs" right in front of me. Instead of bragging, he would teach me how to fish better. I owe a lot of my fishing knowledge and ability to Eddy and Ronny both!
    Thank you for the years of friendship, Eddy!

3. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

Eddy was always a humble, kind, and quite kind of guy. Once I got to know him better he wasn't as quite and always made time to talk to me and treated me like an old time friend. Over the years one of my favorite things about getting to Cedar Breaks early was having a moment of his time to myself. It means a lot to me that Eddie and Ronnie treated me with respect on every occasion even at times that I didn't deserve it. Shoot it blew me away when Eddie would talk to me about fishing as if I was on his level, which I am not, but that's the kind of guy he is. Eddie and his brother Ronnie also mean a lot to me because I have a brother that I like to fish with and their example gives me hope.
    Eddie never let on, even when asked, how he felt through the last couple of years. At first when I asked him how he was doing I really expected him to use the opportunity to complain about aches and pains but he never did, not once. Eddie just kept showing us an example of a man that had everything going his way and a bright future to look forward to. I believe he is experiencing that bright future in heaven right now and is looking forward to seeing us all again. Eddie had accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior as a young man and reaffirmed it with Ronnie at his side before he passed. Prayers go out to all of his fishing family, friends, and fishing buddies that when the chance arises they would accept the Lord Jesus as their Sheppard in life and Savior for their bright future in heaven.

Thank you Eddie. We'll be seeing you.

DBarron and BrianB like this.
  4. BrianB

BrianB Administrator

Home Page:
    Well said Brandon and Chris. Was a really touching service yesterday. Eddy will be missed by us all until then.

DBarron likes this.