FLW

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by KC_Crow, Feb 12, 2017.

1. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

The FLW boys were out in full force this morning. We got to the lake a little late (7:45) and had to do some cruising around in Cypress just to find a spot to start. LOL They pretty well had the points in Cypress and Sandy covered up. Saw a couple of them burning the banks with spinnerbaits but most were holding well offshore in deeper water. Only one I saw catch a fish was throwing a jerk bait in the middle of the channel about half way back in the branch behind the marina in Cypress. Was a tough morning it appeared. Certainly was for us anyway. Can't wait to see what they end up pulling out.

Whatchall think it will take to win? I'm gonna say 59 pounds.

bDick likes this.
  2. HarleyRockstar

HarleyRockstar Well-Known Member

Saw 3 of three of them with the wrapped trucks and super boats this morning at the Cedar Park corner store. Made going in to work that much harder today!

3. scotty90

scotty90 New Member

Do any of you guys know how the weigh-ins are for the FLW? Do they have a mini expo with booths or anything cool to see?

4. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

I'll bet the fishing was tough on Travis this weekend for most. The lake has been falling all weekend to fill Lake Austin. It'll drop a little more today. It may not matter much at all though since it's less than a foot total.

5. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

They will have a free fishing expo on Sat/Sun from noon-4pm...meet the pros (I guess the ones that didn't make the cut?), giveaways, casting pool, kayak demo rides, youth fishing derby, live music, etc.

6. Chris Coufal

Chris Coufal Well-Known Member

I launched at JT yesterday and when I came in it was a 30 minute wait at the ramp to put it on the trailer. Today I launched at Gloster and there were about 50 trucks/trailers there. Bite up river was ....mehhhh at best. Found a few keepers and several dinks.....nothing to write home about. I fished around several of the pro's today and they were ALL burning the bank. I saw blades, jerkbaits and plastics being thrown and never saw a fish boated from 9-5. I fished out deeper with electronics and found a consistent (small) bite.

7. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

CONGRATS on grinding out a Day 1 limit, Chris! Hope you get a kicker or two today!

I'm dying here at work following the FLW updates online. Looks like Thrift and Martin are fishing deep water coves at Pace Bend. Thrift had his limit by 8:15 this morning. Couple of those boys are getting Travis figured out.

Wendlant needs to find a bigger bite today!

Chris Coufal likes this.
  8. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

Dang! Missed it by 2 ounces.