Good rod?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by wcapehart, Mar 31, 2013.

1. wcapehart

wcapehart New Member

I just did my taxes and am looking at either getting the Gen 3 Revo STX or the Chronarch and I was trying to figure out which rod to pair it with.  I am looking for a good all around rod but will be using it more for my heavier tackle.  Not looking to spend hundreds so looking for something around the $100.

2. ChitownLonghorn

ChitownLonghorn New Member

I have a Gen 3 Revo STX on a 7'3 MH Abu Veritas and I love it.  Great all around setup, looks really sharp and can be picked up at your local Academy. 

3. ChitownLonghorn

ChitownLonghorn New Member

I also have a 200E7 Chronarch on a 7' H Veritas and love that one too, but I think the 7'3 MH would be much more versatile. 

4. Tyler Cheatham

Tyler Cheatham New Member

All Star Rods make some good ones, i have a few of the Classic series and they hold up great, its more of an all around rod for me, to prove that its durable and doesn't break easily, i've caught 5 buffalo over 20lbs this past weekend with it for fun, the only problem i have with it is that its not sensitive enough for me, it has a fairly soft tip, but not as soft as American Rodsmith(which i love).

5. Tyler Cheatham

Tyler Cheatham New Member

Forgot to add All Star has some other rods near $100, haven't tried those but my friends love them.