Headlight on boat

Discussion in 'Boats' started by BlevinsH, Mar 10, 2017.

1. BlevinsH

BlevinsH Active Member

Anyone install some kind of light on the front of their boat? Kinda like the Rigid Industries Minn Kota light (which unfortunately wont fit my rig).

I've been thinking about adding the TH Marine trolling motor headlight but havent seen one installed on a boat in person and not sure how big it is.
    http://thmarine.com/lane-blastertm-led-trolling-motor-headlight

[​IMG]

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Ive got one on mine that I put on a Ram mount. I like it that I can take down when I don't need it. I went with the Bluewater. I think some other folks on here are running the same setup.

Attached Files:

3. Timberlake

Timberlake Well-Known Member

I have both on my Bass cat. I have the exact same one above (Bluewater), and I have the Rigid on my TM. The rigid doesn't put out half the light the Bluewater does, and it costs more. The Bluewater I bought was the flood beam,, as they told me the spot beam would not be good for a static mount, the range of coverage was very limited. I am told I look like a freight train coming up the lake. Not sure if thats good, but I don't run into stuff either.

4. Chris Coufal

Chris Coufal Well-Known Member

I don't have one on my rig, but I personally hate when I am running at night and someone is coming straight at me with one. It completely blinds the person in the direction. If I were to install one, I'd be putting a switch on it so I could turn it off as I passed people. Nothing worse than having your eyes dialed into darkness as you run the lake only to have someone blind you and take away your vision for 2-3 minutes until your eyes re-adjust.

5. Timberlake

Timberlake Well-Known Member

I have a switch on the dash , so I turn mine off when I have a boat coming at me. Wired the lights direct to an Aux button right next to the steering wheel.

Typically not an issue on most large bodies of water, but river lakes like Dunlap or Lake Austin, you would need to be able to turn it off easily

6. kingtony25

kingtony25 New Member

How much do they sell those lights for?