Hook Storage Suggestions - Preventing Rust?

Discussion in 'Rods - Reels - Tackles - Electronics' started by Strictly Biznuss, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Strictly Biznuss

Strictly Biznuss Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hey Guys...
    Ok, I seem to always have issues with rusty hooks. I seem to have found good solutions for preventing rust on my crankbaits, topwaters, etc, but the one place I seem to always have things get rusted is in my worm hook box. I have tried 3 different boxes now for storing hooks, and it seems like no matter what I do, eventually, they all end up getting rust! Has anyone found a good storage solution for their hooks where they are not having any issues with rust?

2. MRuss

MRuss Active Member

I have used one of those silicone packs that come in the TV or VCR or any electronics box that you buy at the store. I put one of those things in with my hooks, and the rust went away
    good luck dude

BurnetBass likes this.
  3. BurnetBass

BurnetBass Member

That's smart, Matt. I do the same thing. I get my packs from Bacon Bits packages. They're small, so I use about 3 in my hooks/weights box. Seem to work pretty well. Because, I don't get to fish much these days, yet my hooks are always good to go. And, even though I didn't ask the question, thanks for the reply!

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  4. SkeeterDon

SkeeterDon Well-Known Member

5 Gram Pack of 50 "Dry&dry" Silica Gel Packets Desiccant Dehumidifiers $10.99 on amazon

5. MRuss

MRuss Active Member

^^^^^ WOW what a great idea. I didn't know you could buy them. Thanks Don

BurnetBass and NjTexan like this.