Irrational Anger Thread

Discussion in 'TTZ Lounge' started by AndrewO, Aug 13, 2015.

1. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

Are there things in life that are basically no big deal, but for some reason you can't freaking stand them?

For me it is the little interruption when I am filling up my truck with gas and the pump asks me (slowly) if I want a car wash. I basically lose my s___t every time it comes up, which is almost every time I get gas. Why oh why must they have to ask me for a car wash. If I want a car wash I will go in and ask for one. Let me get my gas in peace!

A close second is when people take freaking forever to use the self check out machines at the grocery store. I am not talking about old people or someone with special needs or a foreigner who can barely read English, they all get pass. I am talking about able bodied 20-45 year olds who just stare blankly at the register as if they have never seen one before. My personal mentality is "Be Ricky Bobby" and I try to check out as fast as I possibly can. When someone is just standing there holding a jug of milk for thirty seconds trying to figure out if they should swipe it or not, or if they try to self check out while playing with their phone... Ooof, it sucks the joy out of my soul.

Yes, I know this is petty and yes I know it is a character flaw. I am working on it.

Anyone else care to share?

BrianB likes this.
  2. rfrisbie

rfrisbie Well-Known Member

Prius in the fast lane. Drives me bonkers.

3. BrianB

BrianB Administrator

Home Page:
    When they ask me if I want spicy ketchup at Whataburger. Gross!

lglass, Chris Baker and Waylon Papst like this.
  4. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    When they ask me if I want ketchup at whataburger... Uhhh yeah butt horn and now you can give 30 more just because you asked me.

Chris Coufal and rfrisbie like this.
  5. erickso1

erickso1 Well-Known Member

Just about any minute from 6 - 7 getting my 3yo ready for daycare. I don't handle "why?" Very well in the morning.

6. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

Going to drop a deuce and realizing there is only one shit ticket left on the roll and all the new rolls are under the sink in the guest bathroom. Yeah that will pretty much do it for me.

7. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Shit ticket. That's awesome !

goodner171 and rfrisbie like this.
  8. erickso1

Pretty sure that's a capital offense in Singapore. Should be a felony here, minimum.

goodner171 likes this.
  9. rfrisbie

Why?

10. NjTexan

NjTexan Well-Known Member

Tailgaters when there's no place to go because the it's Austin traffic. Or the car that has to get in front of me in that space that's not big enough so they can jam on their brakes and make the entire lane slow down for a quarter mile.
    Nothing makes me wish for a Ranch Hand front bumper more...

lglass likes this.
  11. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

Or when your net blows out of the boat and you have to lip your bass. Oh, and I'm that guy at the self check, sorry.

12. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

Chris, I forgive you. Maybe I could find an old register and you could practice checking out. Remember, "Be Ricky Bobby".

13. Redneck101

Redneck101 Active Member

14. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact I do not walk away to sort my cash and wallet either. I do it all right there at the check stand. Hey, I waited my turn. Now that I think of it I guess my pet peeve would be the guy tapping his toes cause he wants me to hurry. And then he got me to apologize in public! FYI, I do not hurry during down time. I hurry during fishing and work thats it.

AndrewO likes this.
  15. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
    When I'm towing a boat, coming to a stop at a redlight, and at the last second some car decides it wants to squeeze in front of me and slam on their brakes.

I do have a ranch hand Chuck, and it takes all the control in my body not to just light their ass up. This happened to me yesterday and I had to swerve into the median not to hit the ahole who whipped in front of me and took away my stop cushion.

16. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:

I actually like Hipsters, they are basically peaceful creatures and for the most part are, for lack of a better word, sissies. Like if you and a hipster are about to pull into the same parking spot, just pull in, he's not going to do anything. Long line at the bar, just cut in front of some hipsters, they may roll their eyes and say something under their breath. But you can turn around give them a stern look and say, "what was that?!" They will stare at their feet and say, "nothing man...nothing."

It's not like you have to worry about them stealing your girlfriend either, cause I mean come on, like that would ever happen. The only downside to hipsters is they run in groups, and tend to overcrowd places I may want to hang. Well that and they convince bars to stock PBR, nothing good comes from PBR.

17. erickso1

Hipsters are what they are. I just wish they hadn't jumped on the beard bandwagon. I've had mine for 11 years (with a short break when we moved down here and I applied to my current job). Oh well, they'll go out of style soon and I'll just go back to being a bearded dude.

lorax, Trey and BrianB like this.
  18. rfrisbie

Oh yeah. That too drives me nuts. If you are going to pull in front of someone and your first act is to step on the brakes, maybe you should have hit your brakes first then slid in behind them. Bonkers...bonkers...bonkers...

NjTexan likes this.
  19. DBarron

DBarron Well-Known Member

$15 BBQ Lunch

I mean is it really that tough to slap some brisket on white bread with a swallow of tater salad for less than that?

20. Brandon Feltner

Brandon Feltner Well-Known Member

When folks argue on the forum and I read through 7 posts before Dustin posts some juggulars!

Also when I order at a restaurant (fast food or otherwise) and they cut me off and ask a question after each item!