Jerseys and what not

Discussion in 'TTZ Lounge' started by Redneck101, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Redneck101

Redneck101 Active Member

Question for some of you more qualified fisher folks, I'm seeing more and more jerseys out there and I'd like to get one done up real nice. I have a buddy out of state that pours baits out of his mancave and offered to sponsor me but I don't know what to tell him. How much money should I ask him for a big spot on the back? Is that worth like $50? Or am I asking to much? It would be right under my name

And I don't need specifics but what is the going rate for a sponsor? He offered me a discount on his baits but that seems silly as I already get the buddy deal.

I don't plan on going pro but I'd just like to have it to wear while fishing. Thinking about joining a club

bDick likes this.
  2. bDick

bDick Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if true, but I've been told if you catch a bass and you were not wearing a jersey or GoPro chestie mount, the fish catch actually did not count.

3. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

What is your dignity worth?

4. thisGuy

thisGuy New Member

I saw a picture on a facebook group of a dude fun fishing on a Wednesday in a jersey. Don't be that guy

NjTexan and bDick like this.
  5. BlevinsH

BlevinsH Active Member

Proven fact that you will catch more fish if you have a jersey. Just take a look at all the tournament pics. Most of those dudes holding up checks and what not, have jerseys on.

I have a jeresy myself and wanted a big time sponsor on there to really set me apart and look legit. Plus, it would probably help me catch even more fish. So I hit up said big time sponsor and they shot me down. Actually, I just got an automated response, but whatev's. I ended up having to pay my sponsor to get the patch for my jersey, but I look like a total bad ass now.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Chris Baker likes this.
  6. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
    I saw on Tackle Warehouse if you bought a certain Quantum combo you get a free jersey. Just throw the combo in the trash, boom, free jersey!

Chris Coufal likes this.
  7. HarleyRockstar

HarleyRockstar Well-Known Member

8. Redneck101

Redneck101 Active Member

I actually did get a GoPro at Christmas this year but don't use it enough. What's a chestie? Is that the mount you wear on your chest? If thats it amazon has them like $14 bucks so I will get won.

You think it helps with the hook settings?

bDick likes this.
  9. Chris Coufal

Chris Coufal Well-Known Member

That's just Ander.......he wears it everywhere. :)

NjTexan, bDick and HarleyRockstar like this.
  10. Redneck101

Redneck101 Active Member

Not sure if some of you guys are jerking my chain or not but there looks to be some good info in there. I had to go pick some stuff up at Bass Pro and saw a couple near the fishing area. These are pretty cool looking but I dont run a nitro

Never met Ander. Is he a pro?

11. BlevinsH

BlevinsH Active Member

Have you looked around at the Salvation Army or stores of the like for a used one? I found one in there a few years back and it already had several sponsor logos on it. Jackpot! It saved me a ton of money simply because I didnt have purchase all the patches on that jersey. Also, I started throwing the baits from the sponsors on my jersey and I'm flat out catching more fish.

bDick and HarleyRockstar like this.
  12. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

Jersey's are sometimes purchased by said fisherman. Ideally you would have a sponsor pay for it. Nice jerseys cost over $150 each. If you want to advertise or become a "Pro"motional fisherman then you will need a jersey. The going rate for an ad on your jersey all depends on you. You have to sell yourself to pick up paying sponsors. As far as a lot of the smaller bait and tackle logos you see on jersey's, they are probably just there for fun because the fisherman likes them.

13. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

Best thread in a while. Keep up the good work. Oh and I have a Cabelas / Ranger boat jersey that I wear while fishing in an aluminum bass Tracker just so people will think I'm cool. Has my last name on the back and everything. I'm a total hammer.

bDick, Chris Baker and NjTexan like this.
  14. Bill McAnn

Bill McAnn Well-Known Member

Since he is a buddy, I would probably just ask him to send me a tub of hand pours to test out. Then slap whatever name he wants to promote on a jersey. These guys are good and you can get out the door for less than a hundy with a stock design, name and a few logos: http://g2gemini.com/

If you want to shoot a little higher, then just ask him to cover the entry fee for an upcoming tournament (ie; TTZ / $200 bones). Then tell him you will wear the jersey and help promote the reminder of the season / year.

I would probably go with something like this:
    Jersey.jpg

NjTexan, lglass, Craig C and 3 others like this.