Lake LBJ 8/5-8/6

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Chris Baker, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

I had a friend come into town and wanted to put him on some fish so three of us went out Friday night and fished from 11 pm until 5 am Saturday morning. The fishing was slow. We did manage to catch a few though. They both started with a spoon and I started with my go to worm. By about 1 am Jeremy had caught a couple of big white bass, Brandon and myself had nothing. They had both missed a couple of bites so I said alright here goes and put on a spoon myself. My first cast I caught a 7 13 Large mouth, that won me breakfast by the way. For the remainder of the evening we tried a few other baits, after Jeremy broke off all of the spoons! We wound up with 4 or 5 fish each. 6 large mouth with best 5 weighing around 19 lbs, a big drum, a small catfish, and several large white bass. The spoons accounted for 3 of the large mouth and a swim bait caught the other 3. I didn't catch a single fish on my favorite worm! CSB about 5 am I was idling toward another spot when the guys had to wake me up to warn of the coming shore. So not wanting to continue, for safety sake, I pulled up to the nearest dock and took a 2 hour power nap before driving back to Marble Falls for breakfast at Bluebonnett Cafe. We had a blast catching up and cutting up. I can't wait to do it again!

goodner171 and Pop N Cork like this.
  2. Aaron Hernandez

Aaron Hernandez New Member

Great report, I absolutely love fishing LBJ! One of my favorite lakes, I can't wait to get back out there.

Thanks,
    Aaron Hernandez

Check out: brothers-tackle.com