LBJ Ramp/Info

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Bass_Bus, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Bass_Bus

Bass_Bus New Member

Hey Folks,

Heading to LBJ to check out the lake before the first event on 1.20. Anyone willing to share a ramp location near the Yacht Club and Marina? I've heard a lot of guys launch and boat over to register - I'd like to use the same ramp (or know not to use it) for event day. Ill be coming up from Canyon Lake.

Also any other info about the lake feel free to share. This is my first fishing tournament and time to the lake so any info is appreciated!

Thanks!

BrianB likes this.
  2. Pastdueforapaycheck

Pastdueforapaycheck New Member

A lot of areas have slime growth which is annoying at times if you like to drag plastics or jigs. Be careful of hazard areas.i like the discharge sets throwing shallow cranks and killed a baits. I also like banks that drop quickly to use jigs and trigs.some of the areas with reeds or grass are very good especially deeper water is close by.pitch craws or creatures. If you're just practicing launch where tournament will launch so you will be familiar just in case.i rent a cabin upriver sometimes and boat over

BrianB likes this.
  3. Pastdueforapaycheck

Pastdueforapaycheck New Member

Sorry auto correct. Discharge area. Lipless baits

4. Bass_Bus

Bass_Bus New Member

Thanks for the info! Took your advice and launched at the ramp. Interesting lake. I bumped into quite a few different fishing boats while out there but didn’t think it was all that busy. Will be interesting to see what traffic is like depending on number of entries

Shawn T and BrianB like this.
  5. BrianB

BrianB Administrator

Home Page:

Appreciate you fishing TTZ!