Lowrance warranty/service

Discussion in 'Rods - Reels - Tackles - Electronics' started by pfhunter, Mar 22, 2016.

1. pfhunter

pfhunter Member

Had a mishap at the Bass O Ree Sunday my partner (son) had a bait come back and hit the screen on my Lowrance Touch 12 Gen 3 just upgraded Feb.1 2016 screen looks like it was shot with a pellet gun called Lowrance this morning to check on getting it fixed. Explained what happened not looking to get it fixed under warranty just need to get screen replaced. Their answer the screen is broken the warranty is void $1056.00 to replace the unit I explained the unit works fine just need glass replaced. Sorry this is our policy. Ask to speak with his supervisor they took my number and said he will get back with you in 24-48 hrs. anyone have any suggestions or know who can replace a screen.

2. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

Bummer. Seems Lowrance/Navico is back to having customer service issues. The sun cover for my Elite 7ti blew out of the boat during the Bass-o-ree. Finally found the part # on their website but when I entered it at their online store all I got was "No results found". So I called tech support and told them the deal and he couldn't explain it either other than to say that "they" must not have it uploaded to the website yet. I asked if I could just order the part through him but he said no and suggested I send a message through their "Contact Us" page asking about how to go about getting a replacement!? I've scoured the net and found one place that claimed to have it but they kicked the order back saying it is on back order.

Good luck on your repair. If you find someone local, let us know!

3. rfrisbie

rfrisbie Well-Known Member

I just sent my unit back with no issues. However, my unit had a software problem.

4. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
  5. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

Ok now I have a problem. One of my Gen II HDS 9 units is acting up. The screen has quit accepting touch. It is really annoying especially since there is a cursor on the screen that I cant remove so the GPS is stuck in that spot.

What steps do I take to get it repaired?

6. pfhunter

pfhunter Member

Call Lowrance repair and service first thing they will probably have you do is a hard reset if you don't have your memory backed up on a SD card it will be lost. If you will call them on your cell where you can get in your boat they will walk you thru the steps to try to fix it if it can't be fixed then they will give you the info to send it back hopefully it is under warranty or else it will be $850 replacement charge as I have learned the hard way they don't repair anything they just exchange units for a price if out of warranty

7. Chris Baker

Thanks good info. I'll call them asap.

Another question. What is the wire that connects the trolling motor foot pedal to the fish finder for?

8. Chris Baker

Ok so I looked online, why I didn't do this first is a mystery to me. The fix was very simple. My screen just needed calibration. Here is how if you ever need it. It took me about 20 seconds to fix it!

Calibration Procedure:

1)With the HDS Gen2 Touch unit off, press and hold the waypoint key (indicated by the flag icon) and then power on the unit.

2)Continue holding the waypoint key for approximately 10 seconds, until you hear a two tone beep.

3)Release the waypoint key and follow the calibration instructions on the screen.

4)When the calibration procedure is done, the unit will boot as normal.

AndrewO likes this.
  9. Chris Baker

And, duh, the other wire is for the transducer. I only asked because it was not hooked up?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  10. pfhunter

pfhunter Member

So this was not a hard reset just a calibration reset ?

11. Chris Baker

Yes but it only worked for a little while. I guess I'm back to calling lowrance.

12. Chris Baker

I just got off the phone with Lowrance. Very nice and helpful. I explained the problem and they are covering it under warranty, no charge, and shipping me a new head unit. I can't complain about that. And a little side note.... The warranty is for 3 years since it came with my Skeeter!

Thank You Skeeter and Lowrance!