Mapping Upgrade

Discussion in 'Rods - Reels - Tackles - Electronics' started by KC_Crow, Jan 18, 2017.

1. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

I have finally decided to make the most of the electronics on my boat and want to upgrade the mapping software to enhance the details not shown with the stock Lowrance maps. Just curious what y'all think is the best option for Texas lakes.

Thanks!

2. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

I got the Platinum from Navionics and downloaded the freshest sonar log data. Been very happy with the level of detail.

KC_Crow likes this.
  3. Shawn T

Shawn T Administrator

Home Page:
    Looking to do the same thing, although I havent done much research. How many upgrades do you get?

4. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

Looks like with Navionics+ you get free daily updates for one year. After that...not entirely sure...website is kind of confusing to me. Saw something about updating older cards for $99...assume that is for another one year period???

5. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is $99 for a year. You still get the Navionics maps for all of the lakes, but if you want to update a lake with Sonar Charts after the one year you need to pay another $99....

I basically thought of what lake I could possibly fish in the next 3-5-10 years and downloaded the Sonar Charts for that lake.

KC_Crow likes this.