Minnkota Chargers

Discussion in 'Rods - Reels - Tackles - Electronics' started by KC_Crow, Jul 12, 2016.

1. KC_Crow

KC_Crow Active Member

Having fits with my Digital MK330D charger(s) that came with boat. Original charger got the "red light of death" on bank 1 after 4 months of use. After having Interstate verify the battery was fine and swapping charging leads to another known good battery it was obvious that charging bank was lost.

Minnkota customer service was fantastic and sent me a shipping label and order confirmation for a new charger before I hung up the phone with them.

New charger showed up in three days and I got it installed yesterday. Now bank 3 on this one will not leave "absorption mode" and go into "maintenance mode". Same deal...swapped leads to a known fully charged battery and problem persists

just wondering if I am having a crappy run of luck or if perhaps any of y'all have had issues?

Everything I read about them online makes them out to be the best thing since sliced bread. LOL

2. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with mine, but it's only a two bank digital charger. I have a small boat with nothing running over 12v. Had it over 1.5 years so far and it has been working great.

KC_Crow likes this.
  3. Shawn T

Shawn T Administrator

Home Page:
    I had the Minn Kota 330D in my last 2 boats and both of them were great. Used it for my trolling motor batteries only then had another MinnKota single bank battery for my cranking battery. I ran each of them for 4 years and never had a problem and my batteries lasted 3 years in both of them. New boat has the Minn Kota Precision 440PC and although I've only had it a couple of months, its been solid.

MinnKota makes a good charger but I've been hearing rave reviews about the Noco Genious chargers and they are a little bit cheaper as well.

DBarron and KC_Crow like this.
  4. DBarron

DBarron Well-Known Member

I've had a few MK chargers and they were good but I love the NOCO. Might be a mental thing but I really think they prolong the life of the batteries.

https://no.co/

5. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

I have had zero issues with my Minn Kota charger. When it goes I will probably go NOCO, but the Minn Kota charger I currently have in my boat is obviously taking great care of my batteries.

A couple of weeks ago I spent, literally, 12 hours in 20-30 mph Lake Falcon wind with my trolling motor on 60-90 almost the entire day and I never ran out of juice with my three year old Interstate batteries. I don't know if that is a testament to the charger or my batteries or both, but whatever it is I am not complaining.

Those NOCO chargers are also sweet chargers from what I have seen and I will give them a strong look when my current charger craps out....