Much Thanks to some Wednesday Night Guys

Discussion in 'Tournament Dates & Information' started by KilroyWuzzeer, Sep 1, 2011.

1. KilroyWuzzeer

KilroyWuzzeer New Member

Not exactly sure where to post this, so I will stick it here.  Wes and I tried to get out for the final Wednesday nighter, but ran into some engine trouble and could not make the check in.  Anyway trolled up towards Quinlan, but we are a long way from the ramp.  Ran into Tim and asked if he could help by seeing if anyone put in at Quinlan and could give us a tow back after weigh in.  Trolled our way up north fishing the banks and burned through two batteries and ended up tying to a dock and waiting for that call back from Tim.  He told us that Brian would be headed that way and could give us a tow. Well we got towed back to Quinlan and got everything loaded back up and back home safely.

I would like to thank Tim for putting the word out that we needed help.

But I would especially like to thank Brian Hughes and Dean Alexander.  They came by and gave us a tow back to Quinlan, and I came to find out that they didn't even put in at Quinlan and had to cruise back down to 360.  That was awesome of these guys to go out of their way for us, without them we would probably still be tied to a boat dock this morning.  Again, tons of thanks to Brian and Dean.  It's good to know that there are still some people in this world of ours that are willing to provide a helping hand.

It was a great season (even though we got in on it late), despite the bad ending of not being able to make/complete the last night. Thanks to all the guys who run it/ set it up.

On a side note.  Don't ever count on APD helping with a tow.  Apparently they are only there to issue tickets to wednesday nighters.  They basically told me I could tie to a dock and that they would not show to help, thanks that is gonna help me tons.

See you next season,

Nick

2. Robby Crabb

Robby Crabb New Member

Home Page:
    Kudos to Brian and Dean, both are great guys. 

Thanks to everyone for fishing this year I had a blast donating my money

3. Marine0311

Marine0311 New Member

Hey nick no problem...

4. JamesRoberts

JamesRoberts Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that you could not leave boaters stranded, and apparently APD can..... that is crap.

JR

5. BrianB

BrianB Administrator

Home Page:
    Well done Brian and Deano!!

Thanks Nick for taking the time to report this, and we appreciate you fishing with us.  

6. McBass

McBass New Member

Home Page:
    What comes around, goes around.  Brian and Dean scored some good Karma points! Nice!

[​IMG]

McBass

7. jsmith

jsmith Member

Nice job Brian and Deano !! Good to see people willing to lend a hand !!!

8. AndyN

AndyN New Member

Home Page:
    Nick, was there an APD boat actually on the water when you called them?  They've been helpful to me in the past and have towed the MasterCraft in a time or two...they even gave me a free ride back to Walsh after I blacked out a couple years ago in Bee Creek.

I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't render assistance without a boat on the water.  

9. Butters

Butters New Member

No problem Nick, if you fish enough that kinda thing is bound to happen.  Always help someone out if you can, cause you never know when you might need help yourself and its just the right thing to do.

10. TerryW

TerryW New Member

Home Page:
    Andy,

In this country it's not considered a free ride if you are in handcuffs.  Just saying.

Dub

11. Marine0311

Marine0311 New Member

It's never free when we pay their salary. Now what happenes if we say that we are not going to pay our taxes? Ummm they should have someone out there to help you guys damn it....