New Sub Forum - Tournament Partner Finder

Discussion in 'Partner Finder' started by AndyN, Jun 2, 2012.

1. AndyN

AndyN New Member

Home Page:
    This sub forum was created to help our members find/fill a backseat or find a partner for an upcoming tournament.  I get a lot of calls asking if I know anyone that has a backseat open or looking for a partner and unfortunately I can't get to them all on a timely basis.

If you are new to the TTZ community introduce yourself on the forum and give a little history about your angling experience.  It can be awkward getting into the boat with someone for the first time and any bit of info (pics, tournament/fishing experience, etc) will help break the ice.  Also, offering up front to pay the tournament entry fee and/or splitting other expenses goes a long way.    

It's been said that finding a good fishing partner is often harder than finding a good mate...so ask yourself if you would ever go out with a person if they just posted their name and phone number.  

Whether you're a seasoned tournament angler or just starting out and wanting to learn more about tournament fishing (or fishing in general) we are here to help and look forward to meeting some new faces on the water!

2. D Gordon

D Gordon New Member

Good work Ando .  I think this will be very benificial to the site .  Thanks DG

3. JamesRoberts

JamesRoberts Well-Known Member

Definitely a good move, will most likely use it often!

JR

4. Marine0311

Marine0311 New Member

I guess this will slow down some texts for you Andy on Tue and Wed nights!!!!

5. Curt

Curt New Member

Hello my name is Curt Covey I live in New Braunfels. I'm new to TTZ and have  zero tounament experience. I've been an avid bass angler for 13 years and am looking to get involved with the tounament side. My wife and I bought a ski boat last year and as soon as I can I'm looking to trade for a bass boat. So as of now I guess I'd be looking for a backseat to fill?? (Not sure lol!)

6. Shawn T

Shawn T Administrator

Home Page:
    Hey Curt.  Yeah, you gotta get out of the ski boat man.  Fishing a Thursday Nighters on Dunlap, or the Lake Austin Wed. Night tournament are both a great way to get introduced in to tournament fishing.  

Seeing as you're in New Braunfels, bring your gear down to the I35 ramp Thursday night and find us at registration.  There are usually 1 or 2 boats that show up that are sometimes in need of a partner and I can introduce you to them and maybe score you a back seat.

www.thursdaynighters.com

7. Curt

Curt New Member

Sounds good Shawn. Thanks for the info. I'll take you up on that ASAP. 

8. EthanM46

EthanM46 New Member

Hello my name is Ethan McQuay. I just moved to Austin recently from Michigan. I have fished tournaments for a few years and fished a few different circuits including West Michigan Bass, Michigan Bass League, ROI, BBT, Weekend Lunkers, ect. My biggest accomplishment was winning the West Michigan Bass classic in 2012. Due to limited space at my current residence I had to leave my boat in Michigan so I would love to fill a backseat if anyone has one available. I am also willing to split entry fee costs.

9. BrianB

BrianB Administrator

Home Page:
    Welcome to Austin Ethan!

10. Brandon Feltner

Brandon Feltner Well-Known Member

I'm Brandon, (Brandon F on ABF)

I am currently without a boat this year for the first time in almost 20 yrs. I will be looking for a back seat for some Georgetown Tuesday nighters, which I help run (not sure how that will workout without a boat) Wednesday nighters and possibly some Dunlap Thursday nighters. As customary, I will pay the entry and such. Getting better at fishing from the back. Have been know to catch fish and cash a few checks. Fishing TTZ with Greg and not committed to champs so far. 512-626-2441

11. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
    Brandon, you can fish some Wednesday nighters with me once we get started up.  I might even be able to convince Alice to let me get out to some Tuesdays as well.  I'll see you at the first TTZ trail event, we can talk more then. 

12. Brandon Feltner

Brandon Feltner Well-Known Member

13. ben zieger

ben zieger New Member

Hello, my name is Ben zieger and I'm looking for a fishing partner to fish the ttz trail with this year,I have a gambler bass boat and I do have some tournament experience. My number is(512) 318 1408 so please call or text so we can go out and see if we make a good match.

14. kaena.freitas

kaena.freitas New Member

My name is Brent Peterson. I have alittle bit of tournament experience. Primarily te wed nighters. I'm looking for a back seat to jump on for the January 31st tournament on LA. I have had someone I fished with here and there. We have came in first at one of the wed nighters (the fourth one I ever fished) this past year. If anyone needs a partner then let me know. My number is 737-333-6359. I would love the opportunity to learn some new techniques etc. I would be happy to split the fees. Thanks!

15. dhessong3105

dhessong3105 New Member

My name is David Hessong... Age 50

Phone number is 361 815-1218...

Looking for a back seat for Thursday, May 14, 2015 at Canyon... Will pay your entry fee and split gas.... 

1st timer on Thursday nights.... Have fished other small tournaments.... Nothing big to brag about.... Fished 30 years just for the fun of it... And the love for the challenge.... 

Thanks in advance.... 

16. torysimmons

torysimmons New Member

Hi My name is Tory. I am new to this site. Live in San Antonio looking to get involved in the tournaments. Met some people who recommended this. I am needing to join on backseat. Possibly looking for this thursday 6/25. Willing to pay cover that is needed. please contact me if any one has an open back seat 210-214-9948

17. Jyoung

Jyoung New Member

I fish with Randal on Tuesday's Lake Travis. Other than that I would love to take a back seat on any other tournament if one is open. Just PM me. I'll pay the entry fees.

PS - Randal and I won the first tourney on Travis the first night we fished together.

18. Stephenh1220

Stephenh1220 New Member

Pretty much new to this site, never fished TTZ before, but want to expand my horizons beyond just club fishing. Have all my own gear, just looking for a boater with available backseat for the 2016 season. Will gladly split all entry fees, fuel, lodging, etc. If you need a partner hit me up please. Thanks in advance.

19. NjTexan

NjTexan Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone checks in this thread, I sure would love to find Guadapalooza back seat.

Chris Coufal likes this.
  20. erickso1

erickso1 Well-Known Member

Just found out this morning that my boat/partner from last year has to go out of town this weekend, so I'm looking to backseat for someone. I'll pay gas/entry fees/beverages. Just shoot me a pm. Thanks, Nick.