Travis County Park Fees Increase

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by DBarron, Dec 13, 2017.

1. DBarron

DBarron Well-Known Member

Just a heads up....
    Travis Co has been pretty hush on the whole thing but fees are going up again. For Annual Pass holders, renew before Jan 1 to save a considerable chunk of change.
    Out of county resident annuals are going to $200!! Double what it was for 2016. And I don't believe this includes the annual trailer cost which could see an increase from $30 to $70

Beginning January 1, 2018, Travis County Parks will implement the following changes to the fee schedule. The new fees are as follows:
    • Annual Permits for Travis County residents - $125 per vehicle*.
    • Annual Permits for non-Travis County residents - $200 per vehicle*.
    • *Note: Proof of county residency will be require to purchase a Travis County Park Annual Permit.
    • Duplicate Annual Permits - $75.

https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/

2. Brandon Feltner

Brandon Feltner Well-Known Member

How sad that OUR natural resources have become a means of revenue via access points rather than a means of family fun by way of affordable public access.
    I know parks have a cost in maintaining & operation but the residency pricing suggests to me that the parks are subsidized by tax money collected within the county and they still need this much money per user as well?

"Sure, Texas resident! The lake is free for you to enjoy but it will cost you a lot to even get to it!"

I have written emails over the years to the folks in charge of parks along the LCRA lakes about my opinion on their cost of use. Affordable lake access is just something I want to stand for, whether I can make a difference or not.

Haha rant over. Thanks for the heads up, Dustin!

3. Chris Coufal

Chris Coufal Well-Known Member

JT park is already at $200 as well.

4. HarleyRockstar

HarleyRockstar Well-Known Member

The park fees around here are already ridiculous. I don't see how they can justify raising it any more. Jonestown is the closest ramp to me but I end up driving further just to get on the water without dropping 15 bucks. Very disappointing!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017