TTZ Championship

Discussion in 'Tournament Dates & Information' started by goodner171, Jun 18, 2017.

1. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

So with North and Cental trails this year how is the championship going to be structured this year? Does top 25 AOY in each division automatically qualify for day 2 like last year? Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, just curious cause somehow we pulled off a top 25 in the north. Lol. Looking forward to Rayburn gonna be a great event.

2. Texas Tournament Zone

Texas Tournament Zone Staff

There is not cutoff for Day 2 this year, everyone who fishes will get to compete both days.

goodner171 likes this.
  3. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

Maybe just me, but I liked the cut off. Gives you something to work towards in AOY, knowing you can fish your way into day 2 of the championship. Kind of like qualifying for the classic, and knowing you can get cut day one and are guaranteed to fish day two. I personally fished all events this year thinking we need to hit top 25 to get a bye. Maybe something to consider. Rewarding hard work is always a plus in my book. Irregardless I love me some TTZ!

Texas Tournament Zone likes this.
  4. Texas Tournament Zone

Texas Tournament Zone Staff

Thank you for the feedback Grant, we certainly appreciate it! Our thinking this year was with a destination championship and having people coming from multiple regions, lodging reservations/expenditures become more of a concern. A fella would probably be more apt to make a longer drive, and put his money down to reserve a room all weekend, if he knows he can compete all weekend. Last year, with one region and a local lake that was certainly less of a concern for the majority of the central anglers.

But we would never argue about rewarding hard work! Congrats on your top 25 finish, thanks again for the feedback, and good luck at the Championship!

goodner171 likes this.