TTZ Lake Austin Wed Night Tournament - 3/16/11

Discussion in 'Tournament Dates & Information' started by AndyN, Mar 10, 2011.

1. AndyN

AndyN New Member

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

Daylight Savings is Sunday, March 13 so that means it's time to crank up the Wed Nighters on Austin!  With two Sharelunkers already turned in and the spawn about to bust loose we expect the beginning of the season to be a slugfest!  Our season opener will be Wednesday, March 16 and we hope to see a lot of familiar faces as well as many new ones.

Please see the following link for complete rules:  /texas-tournament-zone-austin/ttz-lake-austin-wed-night-tournament/

2. Marine0311

Marine0311 New Member

What about the Tuesday nighters?

3. AndyN

AndyN New Member

Home Page:
    Tim, we start the Tues Nighters on Travis in April; our first tournament on Travis will be 4/05.  You can always check our Upcoming Tournaments page for the dates:

http://ttz1.com/tournaments/trails/

I'm looking forward to getting back out on Austin this week, have no idea where the fish are but did do quite a bit of practice off the water at the deer lease this weekend.   I think I may be ready for the Wed Nighters!

4. GrantS

GrantS Administrator

If anyone has a backseat that they are looking to fill for this evening, I would be happy to cover the entry and provide the coldies.

5. AndyN

AndyN New Member

Home Page:
    We'll be beached at City Park (aka Emma Long) around 5:45-6:00 pm to start registration; if we have over 20 boats we'll draw #s for a staggered take off.

With Spring Break we may be crammed into a small area and surrounded by Spring Breakers, but that may not be a bad thing!

See y'all out there!

6. AndyN

AndyN New Member

Home Page:
    We had 21 boats come out to our season opener; here's a quick recap of the evening:

1st place and Big Bass – James Roberts – (5) 21.09 lbs/8.31 lbs – $315.00 and $105.00 Big Bass

[​IMG]

2nd place – Grant Schnabel & Waylon Papst – (5) 20.50 lbs – $190.00

[​IMG]

3rd place – Robby Crabb & Andy Nuyen – (5) 16.24 lbs – $125.00

[​IMG]

4th place – Barry Mott & Lance Hale – (5) 13.52 lbs – GrandeBass tackle pack

[​IMG]

And here's a nice fish caught by Josh Wallace that fell just short of Big Bass at 8.11 lbs

[​IMG]

Full results will be posted shortly.  It was nice to see the familiar faces and meet some new ones; thanks to everyone for coming out!

7. jsmith

jsmith Member

Congrats Big James on going solo and wrecking shop !! Congrats to all in the money !!!!

8. Dale Read

Dale Read Member

Home Page:
    Glad to see everyone last night at the first event, great job to the ones who caught fish on what was a tough night of fishing for us, we sucked.

Big James solo act proved the fish were biting, now where did I leave my rattlesnakes?

I will have the grande bass baits next time.

9. AndyN

AndyN New Member

Home Page:
    Complete results can be found here: /results/ttz-austin-wed-night-31611-2/

Dale, Robby and I had a quick 12 pound limit in the first hour throwing Senkos.  But once the sun went down we culled out all but one of the original Senko fish on that no fish catching Trophy Hunter RattleSnake.  The Senko/RattleSnake combo has been good for a "tackle pack finish" many times for us on Austin...now if we only knew how to fish we might be in the money a little more often instead of relying on the rest of the field to not catch 'em.

10. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Man I need to get some rattlesnakes in the trophy hunter Color. I was at academy yesterday and they didn't have them. It would be cool if I knew someone who pretty much had an unlimited supply of them... I guess I'll just have to stick to my black and red senko. Its been pretty good to me.

11. dbueche

dbueche Member

Home Page:
    Been on a good pattern lately, but humbled once again by Lake Austin.  Congrats to the winners.  As always, thanks to the TTZ guys for hosting these!

12. Dale Read

Dale Read Member

Home Page:
    I can say I know how Robby feels not catching fish now.

Andy, I will trade you 150 packs of 298 for 150 Grande Bass Rattlesnakes.

After the LBJ wack fest for the next couple of weeks.

13. D Gordon

D Gordon New Member

Imagine whatyou could do with a Honcho Rattlesnake combo .  Way to represent guys !  I am proud to be one of the " overly compeditive pricks " . The 5'6" and under club was well represented also , the new head of security pulling off first place and one of the founding members in third .  Good job James ,  Andy ,  and Robby !  Let's keep the momentum going this weekend .  DG

14. TerryW

TerryW New Member

Home Page:
    Another season off to a great start.  Got to say way to go Big James on that solo effort.  Waylon and Grant also had a heck of a sack too.

15. D Gordon

D Gordon New Member

Waylon ,  refer to tackle shop and click on happy hour at Grande Bass warehouse .  Someone cornered the market on trophy hunter Rattlesnakes .  DG

16. JamesRoberts

JamesRoberts Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the props, every once and a while the stars will line up and shine.  Way to go to the other money winners, I think this lake is going to get better for the next month or so,  I look forward to every time out there.   I  am sure I told most of you about my big fish last nigh, but I will tell it here as well........ 

My second cast of the tourney I got a bite and set the hook only to break my 50 lb power pro (old),  throw that rod in the bottom of the boat and pick up another, make a cast, get bit, get the fish about half way to the boat and it comes off.  It was between 4-5 lbs.  At this point I'm thinking "load it up and head home" well maybe not.  Wind has blown me about 50 yards away from the first bite, so I get back in that area and get a bite.  Hit it and it is big,  finally get her in the net and see15' of braid with a flouro leader sticking out of her mouth, with rattlesnake stuck in the mouth.   Go figure. 

Also, DAMN!, Joshs' fish looks like it couild eat both of the ones that I am holding.  

Hope to see everyone out there next Wednesday!

JR 

17. D Gordon

D Gordon New Member

James ,  Josh was not in the running for the new head of security for the 5'6" and under club .  DG

18. Brad Casebier

Brad Casebier New Member

Home Page:
    HMM... There is a trend here. If you look, there is a TTZ shirt on the top 3 teams! Could it be a conspiracy? Where does one get a TTZ shirt? Do they have magical powers?

Congrats guys! Wish I knew how to catch um. Cary and I only had on sickly little 2.5. Guess that is what we get for following Dale around. See you all in a couple weeks. Not looking like i can make the next one.

19. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Another interesting thing Brad.. Underneath my goretex bibs i had my lucky TTZ thong on...Thanks for putting me in contact with your thong hook up Andy!

20. D Gordon

D Gordon New Member

Way too much info !  DG