TTZ Lake Georgetown Thursday Night Tournament - 4/7/16

Discussion in 'Tournament Dates & Information' started by Texas Tournament Zone, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Texas Tournament Zone

Texas Tournament Zone Staff

[​IMG]

The inaugural TTZ Lake Georgetown Thursday Night Tournament is just around the corner. April 7th, 2016 marks the beginning of a new era. To kick off the first event we willl be giving away a pair of Costa sunglasses to a lucky participant, as well as discount coupons for all anglers. The Georgetown events will use the same TTZ live leaderboard as our other events, your friends and family can watch the weigh-in results live at ttz1.com.

These events will have digital scales, tents, banners, free drinks, and cheeseburgers at weigh in. As a bonus the Georgetown Thursday Night Angler of the Year will be awarded free entry into all 2017 TTZ Trail events. The winner of the AOY race will be determined using a points system adding each anglers best 15 tournament scores. The angler with the highest total points will win Georgetown AOY.

For a full set of the rules go to:
    http://ttz1.com/ttz-lake-georgetown-thursday-night-tournament

One rule that we would like to point out regards the slot limit on Lake Georgetown, if you are unfamiliar see below:

5. LIVE FISH / WEIGH IN
    – A limit of five bass (largemouth, smallmouth, Guadalupe/spotted) may be weighed in per team. No team may have more than the tournament limit (5 bass) in the livewell at any time during the tournament except during the short timeframe of culling a fish.
    – Culling of dead fish is prohibited.
    – Dead fish will not be weighed.
    – Slot limit applies. Large mouth must be between 12″ – 14″ or over 18″. All other species ( Small mouth, Guadalupe, or Spotted) must be 14″ or greater.
    – Weigh in will be at Cedar Breaks boat ramp from 9:15-9:45 pm. Please have your boat inside the bouy’s by 9:15 and in line with your fish by 9:45 or you will not get to weigh in.

As always we hope everybody can make it out Thursday night, but if not you can watch the weigh in results live on: http://ttz1.com/

All TTZ Tournaments are sanctioned for Skeeter Real Money!

[​IMG]
    Don't miss out on your bonus money if you have a Skeeter! The Thursday Night Tournaments are sanctioned for Skeeter Real Money and we paid over $13,000 in Skeeter incentive money the last three years. Where else can you fish a 3.5 hour tournament on a $40 entry and win thousands? With the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Canyon Thursdays Night Tournaments also sanctioned for Skeeter Real Money you now have FOUR TIMES the chance to win more money fishing out of a Skeeter every week!

http://www.skeeterboats.com/real-money

2. lglass

lglass Well-Known Member

3. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

Oh boy!!! I'm as giddy as a school girl! I hope you boys are ready. It was once a dream and now it's almost here!

4. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

All this time I thought the fishing on Georgetown sucked and didnt realize it was a slot lake. Depending on how Travis is fishing, I might try and make one or two of these this year.

5. Chris Baker

I would suggest making the first one. And yes 1.5 - 3 lb large mouth bass are in the slot. You can have 12-15 lbs and not even weigh in. Makes it very interesting. With the lake being full and steady all spring it should be no trouble to catch bass.

FYI, my favorite bait for catching unders is a shaky head 4"worm, shocker I know. Magnum lizards are my favorite for hard wood lay downs and points for big girls. Brush hogs for brush of course and timber. Flukes on flats in the back of creeks. Drop shot on bluffs, produces small mouth too. And my favorite May and June is the buzz bait or spook type bait, if they'll hit 'em. Good colors for Georgetown are pretty standard and similar to Travis.

6. aggiegreg

aggiegreg Well-Known Member

See y'all on Thursday!

Chris Baker likes this.
  7. Chris Baker

The lake is in great shape. I was able to catch a few on a jig and a shaky head yesterday. All slot fish except one. Lots of fry. One fish was 20' deep. 68 degrees. Stained water but not bad. Looking forward to Thursday.

8. Chris Baker

I was able to do a little pre fishing last night. The fishing is excellent. I caught at least 20 bass in 3 hours up to 17 1/2 ". Typical springtime fishing....top water, fluke, and senko.

9. Chris Coufal

Chris Coufal Well-Known Member

Catching undersized fish (during a tournament) has been my specialty lately......I should probably go fish these once I get the boat going again. :p

10. JamesA

JamesA Well-Known Member

Cheeseburgers? I'm in!! Looking forward to fishing some of these since Thursdays are easier for me to sneak out of work early than Tuesdays. CB is on point, lake is fishing great. See ya'll this afternoon.

11. Chris Baker

Yes I am so ready I just got thru at HEB I got Burgers chips sodas water and all the fixin's for over 60 people. GARY GAYDOS WILL BE THERE TO COOK TOO. ASK him to see his samples!

12. Chris Baker

If you're not going to eat there at least take one with you

13. Chris Baker

Tackle samples I meant

14. Brandon Feltner

Brandon Feltner Well-Known Member

Ya'll boys are getting serious! I haven't prefished GT in 3 years. Probably get my butt kicked tonight. Excited none the less!

15. Chris Baker

One more thing year passes to get in any Corps Park are only $40

16. Bryan p reece

Bryan p reece Member

I can't believe I'm gonna miss this.Its bugging the crap out o me

17. jsmith

jsmith Member

Great time Chris , Thanks for the burgers !

Chris Baker likes this.
  18. Chris Baker

No doubt, a great time indeed!! I couldn't be happier! It's very humbling and touching at the same time to see all of the guys volunteering to help and the quantity and quality of fisherman that came out. Before we talk about stats I need to say Thank You to all the guys that showed up to help. We couldn't have pulled it off with out everyone them. What was once just a dream is now a reality!

So here goes....Thank You Ronnie and Eddie for keeping the Georgetown tournament running for the last couple of decades, Thank you Booker for helping and allowing me to make the dream a reality with your support and prizes of course, Thank You Shawn and John for your behind the scenes help with the website and weigh in, Thank You Brandon for taking over the tiny grill, Thank You Greg for measuring the fish and your help with weigh in, Thank You Alan for taking pictures, Thank You Dustin for bringing my fish to the scales and letting them go after, Thank You Cliff for your help setting up, Thank You to all that helped with live well checks, Thank You Gary and Jason for helping set up the food prep and grill area, and Thank You to all the awesome fisherman that came out to support and show their appreciation. It warmed my heart big time to see everyone that showed up to fish and stuck around afterwards!!

If I left someone out I sincerely apologize! Thanks again and we will see you next week!

19. Chris Baker

Official results still to come but here is a taste. 27 teams fished and it took 9.32 to win, that included 2 small mouth in the 19" range, and 4.87 for big bass. The fishing was tough being post frontal yet there were still a good amount of fish weighed in. There were 3 blacks over 4 lbs weighed and reports of some teams catching numbers of slot fish. Hey they don't count but are still fun to catch.

20. Shawn T

Shawn T Administrator

Home Page:
    You could always view the results on the leaderboard
    http://ttz1.com/

Congrats to Michael Roberts and Russel Truitt.

Great turnout for a first event as well!

lglass, Chris Baker and John D. Ward like this.