TTZ Trail Event - April 2nd, Lake Travis

Discussion in 'Tournament Dates & Information' started by Texas Tournament Zone, Mar 24, 2016.

1. John T Mc

John T Mc Well-Known Member

what time will someone be at Pace Bend so we can register tomorrow?

2. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
  3. lglass

lglass Well-Known Member

Registration is at Emerald Point Marina Friday.

Chris Baker likes this.
  4. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Well-Known Member

Oh ok. I guess I should have looked closer. I may be able to make Emerald. I just meant no passing out drunk in the sand the night before the tournament.

5. AndrewO

AndrewO Well-Known Member

Fired up!

I'll have bro hugs and fist bumps for all you fellas Saturday morning.

Waylon Papst likes this.
  6. Chris Baker

Gross

7. Don Holding

Don Holding Member

Leaving Castroville at 3:00am Saturday Morning, you guys that are drawing numbers Friday save us a good one, :). Me and my wife are really enjoying the season fishing with TTZ. Hope all have safe travels To and on the water and a safe return home. It appears it will be a beautiful day to go fishing.

Chris Baker and John D. Ward like this.
  8. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

It's going to be warm enough tomorrow to batwing I think. Gonna go commando tomorrow and try it out. Sounds like fun. I'll take pics for anyone interested. See you all around 5 or so. #Hamma

Waylon Papst likes this.
  9. Waylon Papst

Waylon Papst Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I'll have more than that for you holmes. Oh myyyy

AndrewO likes this.
  10. John T Mc

I just threw up in my mouth a little.... lol

See everyone at Emerald Point this afternoon!

11. John D. Ward

John D. Ward Moderator

Home Page:
    I just spoke with Travis County Parks, anyone that is launching at Pace Bend Saturday morning just tell them at the booth you are with TTZ, they will charge you $5 instead of $12. TTZ will then pay the $7 difference at the end of the day. That Brian Booker he's one nice dude, covering that extra $7 per vehicle. They will have somebody in the booth at 4am Saturday morning.

If you are camping overnight Friday that's on you, but TTZ will help pay your entry and launch fee Saturday morning.

Chris Baker, AndrewO and Waylon Papst like this.
  12. Chris Baker

That Booker fellow is an alright dude! I wish I could be so generous. So 200 teams at $7 each? Dang!!!

13. AndrewO

I for one will have a Travis County Parks pass so Mr. Booker can not have to pay $7.

14. balddave

balddave Well-Known Member

No wonder we couldn't get the up to speed at GPaz! Too much drag lol #lowhangingfruit

goodner171 likes this.
  15. AndrewO

Man or man, what to say......

First, congrats to Charles and Bill for winning and everyone else who cut a check.

Second, I had a great time catching up with everyone and it was a super well run event as always.

Third, to say I was disappointed with how I did would be an extreme understatement. I'd been fishing pretty well (for me) and catching some keepers and getting dialed in on what the fish were doing. I never got into the schools of bigger fish like I had been hearing about, but felt like a 12 pound limit was absolutely doable and if we could just get one 4-5 pound kicker to bite we would stand a good chance of cutting a check. Well, that little front rolled in on Thursday and I just completely let it get into my head. I tried to force the issue on what I had been doing and the fish were having none of it. We made an adjustment to fish deeper water and I caught a striper on a Texas rig and Cody stuck about a 2 pound guad (sweet fish); but overall it was just a bunch of shorts and staring at some better fish that just didn't want to eat. Then panic set in and we quiokly fished several spots that produced in the past and found some but knew we had come up short of cashing a check. Knowing that we are in zero danger of getting into the points race for automatic two day qualification of the championship we dumped the fish we had and called it a day.

Oh well... thank goodness I don't fish tournaments for a living.

16. Chris Baker

Charles is a bad ass as usual! Congratulations to all in the money!

We sucked too! Also tried dang hard to make the practice pattern work. We even discussed doing something else but never did. Of course good ole John Ward caught em. I was thinking his pattern was more consistent than mine. Now I know. Good job buddy!

17. John T Mc

Our practice pattern worked... it just yielded a bunch of 15/16 inch fish unfortunately. Had a limit in the boat by 11'ish (4 in by 9:30) but just couldn't find anything of size.

That's why Charles is who he is and I am who I am... not cashing a check. LOL

Still had a great time. Beautiful day, good fishing, well run tournament. Let's just see how bad we can do on Belton in a few weeks! LOL

John D. Ward likes this.
  18. goodner171

goodner171 Well-Known Member

Well.....the results speak for themselves....Congrats to Charles and Bill. We did poorly to say the least. I have never had more fish follow my bait but not commit ever. I would pull my bait in and have 4-5lbrs following it all the way to the boat, but not biting, just staring and taunting me cast after cast. It was frustrating to say the least. Changed baits and presentations multiple time and same results. Must have been on some post spawners I don't know. All in all it was a great tournament. Good weather, and good times with good people. This is what keeps me making the drive month after month. Thank you TTZ for all that you do. These "yankees" up here in north Texas are excited to have you guys make the swing up here next year. Your tournaments are some of the best around, Keep up the good work.

John D. Ward likes this.